M.V.Vovk carreis out systematic studies of reaction mechanisms heterocyclisation, asymmetric organocatalytic reactions, methods of synthesis and properties of multifunctional heteroсumulenеs and heterocyclic systems, rational search of biologically active compounds. He develops research directions based by academics O.V.Kirsanov and E.O. Shilov.
M.V. Vovk is the author of 380 publications, including 1 monograph, 3 textbooks, 16 scientific reviews, 314 articles and 46 patents. He had prepared one doctor and 9 Cand. Chem. Sci.
Department. Department was organized in 1947 by Academician of the Ukrainian SSR E.O. Shilov, who headed it until 1973. In 1977 – 2008 years the leading of the department carried by Prof. V.I. Staninets. Since 2009, the Department is headed by Prof. M.V. Vovk. The department consists of 3 doctors, 8 Cand. Chem. Sci. and 8 engineers. Three graduate students perform their dissertations, and three university students – the master’s works.
The main scientific directions of the department
The study of reaction mechanisms heterocyclisation of different types of organic substrates and to provide a framework for constructing mono- and polyfunctional heterocyclic systems, their chiral and condensed analogues as potential low-molecular bio-regulators and precursors for pharmaceutical substances.
Basic scientific practical achievements of the department
It was established the mechanisms of regio- and stereo-control addition reactions and intramolecular functional linear and cyclic structures and suggested original synthetic approaches to various types of bioactive compounds. Developed and successfully implemented research related to new organocatalytic asymmetric synthesis of trifluoromethyl azole and azine compounds of high optical purity. It was created original chemotypes compounds with potential bactericidal, anti tuberculosis, hypoglycemic and neurophysiological action – perspective objects for the rational design of drugs.
Co-workers of the department :
Staninets Vasyl’ Ivanovych
Serguchov Yuriy Olexiyovych
Zborovskii Yuriy Leonidovych
Lourie Lyudmila Fedorivna
Orysyk Viktor Vasylyovych
Vaskevich Ruslan Ivanovych
Bolbut Andriy Victorovych
Sukach Volodymyr Andriyovych
Vaskevich Alla Irzhiyivna
Bentya Anton Valentinovych
Chernobaev Igor Ivanovych
Melnichenko Nina Volodymyrivna
Chubaruk Natalia Grygorivna.
Tsyzoryk Nazar Mykhailovych.
Tkachuk Viktor Mykolayovych
Kemskii Sergiy Volodymyrovych
Dyachenko Iryna Volodymyrivna
Lozovs’ka Ol’ga Ivanivna
Kovalchuk Kateryna Valeriyivna
Lisova Hanna Olexiyivna
Departmental projects ( government funding )
ELECTROPHILIC CYCLIZATION ALKENYLCARBOXYLIC ACID DERIVATIVES AND HETERYLAMINOALKENES IN FUNCTIONALIZED HETEROCYCLIC SYSTEMS
DEVELOPING AN EFFECTIVE STRATEGY SYNTHESIS OF POLYFUNCTIONAL BIOPROSPECTING AZOLES AND AZINES AND CONDENSED ANALOGUES
Projects targeted state scientific and technical programs :
NANOPARTICLES BASED ON BIODEGRADABLE POLYMERS AS MACROMOLECULAR CARRIERES FOR TRANSPORT HIGHLY EFFEKTIVE NEUROPROTECTIVE DRUGS TO THE CNS
SYNTHESIS OF NANOSCALE CATALYSTS OF ASYMMETRIC REACTIONS
MOLECULAR DESIGN, SYNTHESIS AND INVESTIGATION OF INHIBITORS PROTEIN TYROSINE PHOSPHATASE AS POTENTIAL DRUGS AGAINST DIABETES AND OTHER DISEASES
Projects of Fundamental Researches State Fund of Ukraine:
ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS ORGANOKATALITIC PERFLUOROALKYL
NONCYCLIC AND CYCLIC AMINO ACIDS AND RELATED SYSTEMS
SYNTHESIS OF FUNCTIONALLY AND CONDENSED HETEROCYCLIC AND HYDROGENATED DERIVATIVES
USING IONIC LIQUIDS IN ORGANIC SYNTHESIS
Scientific and technical cooperation:
- MERCK KGAA ( GERMANY)
- Jacobs University ( BREMEN , GERMANY)
- Institute of Physiology Bogomoltsa NAS
- National University “Lviv Polytechnic”
- Yu. Fedkovich Chernivtsi National University
- Taras Shevchenko Luhansk National University
- L.Ukrainki Eastern European National University
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Ivano-Frankivsk State Medical University
The most important publications
- Golovach N.M., Sukach V.A. Vovk M.V. J. Fluor. Chem. 2010, 131, 229-233
- Vovk M.V., Pinchuk O.M., Tolmachev A.O. Molecules. 2010, 15, 997-106.
- Golovach N.M., Sukach V.A., Vovk M.V. Synfacts, 2010, 4, 400
- Orysyk S.I., Bon’ V.V., Obolontseva O.V., Zborovskii Yu. L.,Orysyk V.V., Pekhnyo V.I., Statinets V.I., Vovk M.V. Inorg. Chim. Acta. 2012, 382, 127-138.
- Orysyk S.I., Bon’ V.V., Pekhnyo V.I., Zborovskii Yu. L., Orysyk V.V. Polyhedron, 2012, 38, 15-25
- Sukach V.A., Tkachuk V.M., Rusanov E.B., Roshenthaler G.-V., Vovk M.V. Tetrahedron, 2012, 68, 8408-8415.
- Sukach V.A., Buta A.Z., Maxymyuk O.P., Kovalsky D.B., Vovk M.V., Krishtal O.O. Int. J. Phisiology and Patophisiology. 2012, 3, 227-234.
- Orysyk S.I., Bon’ V.V., Zholob O.I., Orysyk V.V., Zborovsky Yu. L., Vovk M.V. Polyhedron, 2013, 51, 211-221.
- Lourie L.F., Serguchov Yu. A., Ponomarenko M.V., Rusanov E.B., Ignatyev N.V., Vovk M.V. Tetyrahedron, 2013, 69, 833-838.
- Lebed’ P.S., Kos P.O., Tolmachev A.O., Boyko A.N., Chekotylo A.A., Vovk M.V. Synthetic Communications, 2013, 43, 2343-2348.
- Sukach V.A., Tkachuk V.M., Shoba V.M., Pirozhenko V.V., Rusanov. E.B., Chekotylo A.A., Roshenthaler G.-V., Vovk M.V. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2014, 7, 1452-1460.